Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Doorman for the Dogs

One of these days I’m going to count how many times the dogs go in and out of the house in one day. I’m sure I’d be amazed. I’m also amazed at ME getting up every time to let them in and/or out. I’m sure you have questions as to why I’d be such a slave to the whims of my dogs. . . Why don’t we put in a doggie door? Well, since the largest is over 100 pounds any doggie door big enough for him is big enough for a human being and I just don’t want to leave the house vulnerable like that. . . Why don’t I just ignore them and leave them out and/or in? Well, they can be pretty darned annoying is why. Have you tried to sleep with a dog whining and whining and whining? . . . I can’t either. . . Another ‘trick’ they have is to hit the cat door with their paw or nose. This makes a clicking sound as the magnets in the door react to the magnets in the frame. Click-click. Click-click. Click-click….. and sometimes even Click-click. Click-click. Click-click. Click-click. Click-click. Click-click. Click-click. Click-click. Click-click. Who can ignore that? So, long story shorter, I am a self-proclaimed doggie doorman.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you have too much time on your hands...lol! You really need to publish this with a pet mag. It's darling. I know Guideposts is having a contest in May or June...you should look into doing some writing for them!

    ReplyDelete